9 Ways To Save Money And Energy With Your HVAC System
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] With the dog days of summer just around the corner, you may be running your AC more and more. We want to go over some of the ways that you can save money and energy with your HVAC system this season.
1. Seasonal Service and MaintenanceThere is simple maintenance you can do at home, like changing or cleaning your air filters, and you can inspect the coils for ice or build up. Also clear away any debris that has built up around your outside unit. Throughout the winter, dirt, sticks, and other things can pile up around the outside of your unit. This is a good time to schedule your seasonal maintenance, have a professional technician out to your home to inspect the coolant levels and other more technical issues.
2. Opening WindowsTry using natural cross-breezes to cool your home before it gets too warm out. This works best in the spring before the summer heat takes over.
3. Ceiling FansUtilizing ceiling fans can help you raise the temperature on your thermostat and thus use less electricity.
4. GrillSummer is an optimal time to cook outside! It is no secret that your oven will toast your house up nice and warm and cooking on a cold day is nice sometimes, but in the summer it will warm your house up in an unnecessary way. Try to utilize the opportunity you might have to cook outside.
5. Blinds and CurtainsUsing energy efficient curtains and blinds helps with heat gain in your home by keeping out the warmth during the hottest parts of the day.
6. Seal Your WindowsEspecially in older homes with less insulation, windows are a huge place for energy loss. Get your windows inspected and have leaks sealed off. People often use window film or plastic in the winter to keep heat in, but the same works in reverse to keep heat out!
7. Use Natural LightTurning off the lights in your home when the sun is out is an easy way to save on your energy bill. Keeping the lights off during the day can bring down your monthly costs.
8. Use a Programmable ThermostatZone systems or smart and programmable thermostats can save you up to 10% on your bill each month. By setting the thermostat to turn on and off at certain times, you can save energy by not cooling an empty home.
9. Duct SealingLeaky ducts, leak money. Air loss through ductwork can account for up to 30% of your energy bill. Have your ducts inspected and sealed where need be. You could see a dramatic difference in annual costs for both air conditioning and heating. If you are in Kent, Washington or the surrounding areas and would like help with your air conditioning system, call Electromatic Refrigeration at 206-624-3370 or request service online! [/et_pb_text][et_pb_cta admin_label=”Call To Action” saved_tabs=”advanced,css” global_module=”122″ header_font=”|on|||” header_text_color=”#ffffff” body_font=”|on|||” body_text_color=”#ffffff” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_border_color=”#ffffff” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_font=”|on|||” button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_text_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_border_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”ctaModule” title=”Need HVAC Service?” button_url=”https://electromatichvacr.com/request-service/” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”Request Service Now” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#777676″ background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center”]
Contact the experts at Electromatic Refrigeration LLC![/et_pb_cta][et_pb_text admin_label=”Local SEO” saved_tabs=”all” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” global_module=”124″] [/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]]]>